Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to when you purchase our products/services when you visit our Site, register on the Site, utilize other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site, or when you request information or otherwise communicate with us. As appropriate, you may be asked for and we may process the following categories of personal identification information: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, company, and job title. You may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
AVATAR MEDICAL may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To deliver and provide products/services, to maintain and support our products, to comply with our contractual obligations related thereto, or to communicate for the purpose of engaging in contractual relations
- To register with our Site
- To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide will only be used to respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. You will only be sent marketing material if you provide your consent to the receipt of such material.
- To otherwise comply with applicable legal requirements
If we use your Personal Data for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal information
AVATAR MEDICAL collects and processes your personal identification information on the following bases:
- Your consent
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our infrastructure. Any sensitive private data exchange is transmitted over an encrypted SSL secured communication channel.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent personal information to any other third parties. We may transfer personal information to third-party agents or service providers for the purposes outlined above. Where required by applicable data protection laws or regulations, we enter into strict confidentiality agreements with those third-party agents and service providers requiring them to provide adequate levels of data protection and limiting their use of the data to the specified services on our behalf. We take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that third-party agents and service providers process personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations and to stop and remediate any unauthorized processing. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security, law enforcement, or other governmental requirements.
Other Important Privacy Information
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information at any time.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt out of the marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority
If you would like to make a request for information or avail yourself of these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email please describe, with specificity, the right you are requesting assistance with. Please note additional information may be requested prior to initiation of a request. Upon AVATAR MEDICAL’s completion of its review, you will be notified if your request has been granted, denied, or exemptions apply.
How long we keep your personal information
Personal information may be retained no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained or as required by applicable laws or regulations. Personal information provided for marketing communication purposes will be retained until you opt out of such communications. If you have any questions about our data retention policy, we can provide you a copy. Please contact email@example.com
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.