With AVATAR MEDICAL™, MRIs and CT Scans can be converted instantaneously into an interactive 3D patient avatar to enhance understanding for clinicians, students and patients.
Complex Hemipelvic Fracture with Sacroiliac Disruption and Acetabular Involvement
One in two Americans (1) and 1.71 billion people worldwide (2) have a musculoskeletal condition, leading to chronic pain and significant healthcare costs.
AVATAR MEDICAL™ addresses these challenges by radically transforming how orthopedic surgeons, physicians, patients and students act upon medical images.
Benefits of our current Research Use Only solution:
- Accelerating the radiological training of surgeons, fellows and residents
- Explaining surgical decisions to patients with 3D and VR representations
- Providing reliable 3D and VR visualization of muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and tumors for research purposes
In our future medical solution, we aim to support practitioners in making the best surgical decisions:
- Better understanding of musculoskeletal problems (spine, knee, shoulder, hip, etc.) for faster surgical decisions
- Improving surgery planning and templating with 3D measurements of medical device implants
Our goal is ultimately to improve patient care by:
- Reducing the number of arthroscopies
- Reducing the number of reoperations
(1) American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. “One in two Americans have a musculoskeletal condition: New report outlines the prevalence, scope, cost and projected growth of musculoskeletal disorders in the U.S..” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 1 March 2016.
(2) Cieza, A., Causey, K., Kamenov, K., Hanson, S. W., Chatterji, S., & Vos, T. (2020). Global estimates of the need for rehabilitation based on the Global Burden of Disease study 2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. The Lancet, 396(10267), 2006-2017.